This policy explains how we (Sunseeker International Limited) use any personal information we collect about you through or in connection with one of our websites (including, https://www.sunseeker.com/ and www.shop.sunseeker.com) (each a Website). This policy also explains how we will use your information if you purchase Sunseeker merchandise from us outside of the Website (for instance, in person at boat shows); this policy does not cover transactions relating to the purchase of yachts.
Sunseeker International Limited is the data controller (as that term is defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) for this information; however, we may disclose personal information to third parties (as described below) who receive and process this information as a data controller in their own right.
Please read this policy carefully. By visiting our Website (and, where applicable, purchasing merchandise from us), you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
What personal information do we collect?
Personal information is information about you and from which you can be identified. It includes things like your name, email address, telephone number, shipping/billing address and details of your orders.
In the course of our relationship with you we will collect personal information about you. In particular, we may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us your information by filling in forms on our Website, or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise, or in connection with your purchase of Sunseeker merchandise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, subscribe to a service or product we offer (such as the Sunseeker Magazine), submit an enquiry, or place an order on our Website (or otherwise). The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the website you originated from before landing on our Website and the website you went to from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
How do we use the personal information we collect?
We will use your personal information in the furtherance of our business activities, this includes the following:
- to carry out our obligations, or exercise our rights, arising under or in connection with any contracts entered into (or to be entered into) between you and us, including contracts to purchase and sell Sunseeker merchandise;
- to provide you with information in response to any enquiries you submit to us;
- to provide you with information about Sunseeker news, products, product launches and events (including by email and telephone) where you have indicated that you would like to receive this information; the events may include events that we host and events hosted by third parties that we attend;
- to notify you about changes to our service and to otherwise communicate with you; for example, we may use your contact details to provide you with updates on your orders and information about the products you purchase;
- to carry out market research; for example, we may contact you (including by email) to obtain your feedback on our products, and we may use details of your purchases to understand market trends and to identify popular products;
- to help us review, develop and improve the products we offer;
- if you apply for a vacancy via our Website, to process your application and otherwise for recruitment purposes; and
- to enable you to use our Website; we also use information about your visits to our Website to understand how our users use our Website and how we can improve the Website.
Your information may also be used by us, our employees, contractors or agents, and disclosed to third parties, in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms, Terms and Conditions of Sale and other agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you, or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
With whom do we share your information?
In connection with the above uses of your information, we may share your personal information with third parties, including as described below.
- We may disclose your personal information to other members of the Sunseeker group of companies.
- Where you have indicated that you would like to be contacted by one of our distributors or stockists of spare parts, we will pass on your personal information to the distributor or stockist for this purpose. We have no control over the use of your information by our distributors or stockists and if you have any concerns over how they have handled your personal information, please contact them direct.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties to carry out certain activities for us that involve the processing of personal information. For example, we may engage third party service providers to host our online shop (see below), fulfil orders, deliver packages, process returns, send postal mail and email, provide marketing assistance, process card payments, provide customer service and handle claims. The third parties who process card payments may also share your information with other organisations in connection with the processing of the payment, including (i) their agents, service providers and affiliates, (ii) organisations involved in the clearing and settlement of payments, law enforcement agencies and fraud detection/prevention organisations, (iii) our and your bank, and (iv) any other third party to meet any legal obligation or where the third party has a legal right to request the information.
- We may pass personal information to external agencies and organisations (including fraud detection/prevention organisations, the police and other law enforcement agencies) for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and other criminal activity.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose the personal information we hold to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party (or subject to a corporate reorganisation), personal information held by us will be one of the transferred assets.
- We may pass your personal information to third parties in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms, Terms and Conditions of Sale and other agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you, or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
Where do we store and process your personal information?
The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored and processed at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. We will take steps to ensure that any transfer of personal information outside the EEA by us is carried out in accordance with applicable data protection law.
We will store the personal information we hold about you securely in line with our obligations under applicable data protection law.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will endeavour to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
What rights do you have with respect to your personal information?
You have certain rights with respect to your personal information, including the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes and a right, subject to certain exemptions, to access the personal information we hold about you.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent us from using your information for this purpose by checking or not checking (as the case may be) certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information. If you initially agree to receive marketing from us but subsequently change your mind, you can unsubscribe from further marketing communications from us by contacting us on the details below. Alternatively, you can unsubscribe from email communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions in each marketing email that we send out. Even if you unsubscribe from marketing communications, we may still need to send you other important service communications (for instance, in relation to your orders via the Website).
If you would like to request access to your personal information (or exercise any of your other rights with respect to your personal information), please contact us on the details below. Where permitted by law, we reserve the right to levy a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Third party sites
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to, or be linked from, non-Sunseeker websites. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or those websites’ use of your personal information. Please check the data protection practices and policies of those sites before you submit any personal information to those sites.
Cookies are small text files stored on your device when you access a website. Cookies can be read by the originating website on each subsequent visit and by any other website that recognises the cookie. In this policy, we use the term cookie to refer to cookies and similar tracking technologies (eg tags, pixels, web beacons, etc).
Please be aware that blocking or deleting cookies set on this Website may impact the functionality or performance of the Website, or prevent you from using certain services provided through the Website.
Our website uses the following cookies:
|Strictly necessary cookies||These are cookies that are essential to the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website or use a shopping basket. These cookies are also used to remember previous actions (for example, user entered text) when navigating around our Website.
|Analytical/performance cookies||These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around and use our Website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages.
These cookies are also used to learn about our visitors (for instance, the nature of their browser, the website they came from and the page they landed on our Website).
These cookies helps us to test our Website and improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily and that any errors are rectified.
|Functionality cookies||These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to do things like personalise our content for you, limit the number of times our introduction video is played to you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
These cookies may are also used to provide services you have asked for, such as playing a video.